The Federal Camping Association of Germany
The Federal Camping Association of Germany (Bundesverband der Campingwirtschaft in Deutschland e.V. (BVCD)) was founded on November 10, 2000 as an umbrella organization and a body representing the interests of the camping industry and furthering the attractiveness of camping in Germany. The Association’s headquarters are in Berlin-Charlottenburg.
The Association is organised according to the federal system of Germany. The regional associations of the following states are members of the BVCD:
- Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania
- North-Rhine Westphalia
- Lower Saxony/Bremen.
The BVCD represents a total of approximately 1,300 camping sites in Germany.
The Association represents the common professional, educational and economic interests of its members towards public authorities, associations and other institutions. Furthermore, it attends to, informs and advises its members on all questions arising in connection with the camping industry.
As a member of the European Federation of Campingsite Organisations (EFCO) the BVCD represents the interests of its members also on European level.
The Association is a nationwide platform for targeted promotion of the camping industry. Its goal is to establish camping as high quality form of recreation and holiday activity, not only with regard to the German tourist industry, but also on European level.
This aim is to be reached with the following strategic emphasis:
- Participation in the German Tourist Association (Deutscher Tourismus Verband e.V. (DTV))
- Exerting Influence on National and International Political Level
- Cooperation with Associations and Authorities
- Participation in the Tourism Committee of the German Parliament (Deutscher Bundestag)
2. Quality Assurance and Support
- Caravan Tourism
- Set-up of Databases
- Creating a Nationwide Job Profile for the Camping Industry
- Internal Training
- Seminars and Educational Trips
- Promotion of Integrated Quality Management Systems
- Environmentally-friendly Orientation of Camping Sites
- Viabono / ECOCAMPING
- Targeted Public Relations
- Joint Presentations at National and International Fairs
- Targeted Marketing via the Internet
- Coordinating Joint Advertising Campaigns
- Establishing a Sales Cooperative
In addition to the 1,300 camping site businesses, other cooperation partners and sustaining members belong to the BVCD. There is, for example, a close cooperation between the German Caravan Trade Association (Deutscher Caravaning Handels-Verband e.V. (DCHV)) and the German Caravan Industry Association (Caravan-Industrieverband Deutschland e.V. (CIVD)). Furthermore, the BVCD works closely together with consumer organisations, such as the German Automobile Club (Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e.V. (ADAC)), the German Camping Club (Deutscher Camping Club e.V. (DCC)), as well as with the majority of the camping-related press. Moreover, the BVCD has sustaining memberships with service providers for camping businesses.
The annual turnover of the camping industry in Germany, which consists of the campers’ travelling and equipment expenses in the holiday resort, amounts to more than 9.5 million €. The German camping industry employs about 170,000 people.
Bundesverband der Campingwirtschaft in Deutschland e.V.
Tel: + 49 - 30 - 33 77 83 20
Fax: + 49 - 30 - 33 77 83 21